See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 11-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Mathematical Modeler Position
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Insect Resistance Management (IRM) team as a Mathematical Modeler. This individual will collaborate with researchers within the IRM team and across our Regulatory organization to develop and identify appropriate modeling approaches and programming alternatives to support the design and implementation of IRM programs on a global basis. Work on the application of mathematical modeling to other important environmental issues related to agriculture also will be encouraged. This position offers the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art modeling approaches and programming platforms in the development of novel modeling methodologies and the creative application of existing methods for IRM-related problems. Specific responsibilities will include:
? Develop mathematical modeling solutions to support IRM programs and IRM-related decisions.
? Improve existing mathematical modeling approaches for insect resistance and related systems and develop new methods with respect to industry-wide standards which can impact freedom to operate.
? Disseminate novel methods and results to the scientific community through peer-reviewed publications and presentations to scientific conferences.
? Increase the level of mathematical modeling knowledge and appreciation throughout the company via training, computer applications, technical articles, and white papers.
- PhD in Biomathematics, Mathematical Ecology or Entomology, or related field of study, or equivalent based on experience.
- Training and/or experience in mathematical modeling or related methods applied to ecological and/or genetic systems.
- Demonstrated programming skills using R, C, or related programming/statistical packages.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary workgroups or teams.
- Knowledge of insect resistance, insect resistance management and related issues desirable.
Other Desired skills:
- Ability to communicate well and explain significance of research findings.