See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Omaha, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Services of America
Open Til: 02-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: $48,000 - $70,800
Send This Job To A Friend
Contribute to a team environment by leading, directing, and coordinating the loan closing process and legal documentation for all term and revolving credit facilities that are originated by the Association’s Agribusiness Finance (ABF) Team including complex commercial and real estate transactions of $5 Million and above. Position will maintain and improve internal and external customer relations by having a conversant legal knowledge of the key documentation elements of the lending arrangement. Position has a very high degree of accountability to ensure the repayment and collectability of association assets through the correct development and implementation of promissory notes, lending agreements, mortgages, and other lending documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1) Pre-Closing -Conduct document preparation and review of all loan documentation to ensure that all legal requirements, credit requirements, and regulatory requirements are included in the documentation. Loans consist of complex multi-state, multi-entity, loans with an average loan size of $5 Million to $20 Million, and occasional loan exposure of $100 Million. This process will require close coordination with the primary industry team (Relationship Manager, Account Specialist, and Credit Analyst) as well as in-house Legal Counsel, and outside vendors. This will include negotiating changes in terms between the Attorney, Analyst, and Relationship Manager, as well as arranging/guiding the team to see that all title requirements will be met at closing or waived by the appropriate authority.
2) Loan Closing – Coordinate loan closing function with the team, which includes all non-credit, issues from the point of loan approval through loan finaling. Oversees process to ensure that all appropriate legal documents are obtained, have appropriate Legal review, and support the lien position. Proactively manage the closing process. Initiate, follow through and ensure completion of the loan-closing checklist.
3) Prepare closing documents for the ABF Team. Ensures the viability of legal documents by practicing consistency in the completion of FCSAmerica forms and seeking Assn. Legal Counsel input for drafting agreements for situation specific documentation.
4) Post Closing - Conduct post-closing loan filing process including, when applicable:
a. Real estate lien certification by approved legal counsel (IA) or issuance of final title policy
b. In-house certification of lien status on chattel property.
c. Certification that all required documents establishing the power, authority, and existence of all obligors, guarantors, etc was obtained and is retained appropriately in company records.
d. Certify primary file is complete with filing of all legal documents necessary to support servicing and proof of lien, debt, or other contractual obligation.
e. Obtains, reviews, and seeks approval of all customer legal opinions supporting the customer’s capacity to execute documents.
5) Produce, track, and distribute pipeline tracking reports for loan closings and loan finaling.
6) Coordinate the post closing Legal Review of all transactions meeting the Association’s criteria for independent review by an attorney on the Legal Team. Coordinate any curative actions required by the independent Legal Review.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Additional legal support for the ABF/Underwriting Teams as assigned.
3. Special projects as assigned.