See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Omaha, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Services of America
Open Til: 02-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: $112,660 - $183,080
Send This Job To A Friend
POSITION REPORTS TO: SVP - Chief Administrative Officer
Provide strategic and team leadership and consultative services related to the Association’s public relations, including legislative and regulatory affairs, community involvement, and press and media relations; brand strategies and marketing; sales enablement; and Association communications that support the Association’s vision and strategic direction.
A team of at least eight individuals (non-leader positions)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for development, implementation, and oversight of comprehensive strategies and programs to enhance the Association’s influence and involvement through the establishment of relationships with key external stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, Farm Credit System institutions and investors, legislative and other governmental officials, agricultural commodity and trade groups or associations, charitable and community organizations, and the press and media.
- Provide strategic direction for the Association’s legislative or regulatory affairs; oversee the Association’s efforts to encourage and facilitate the active participation of customers, employees, and key stakeholders in Federal and State legislative and regulatory policy development.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Association’s community influence and involvement, including corporate giving and community involvement activities.
- Responsible for the Association’s overall press and media relations to ensure maximum visibility for the Association and be regarded as a source of valued information; serve as a spokesperson on behalf of the Association; coordinate the Association’s crisis communication plan.
- Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of the Association’s public relations efforts.
Brand Strategy and Marketing
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of comprehensive brand and marketing strategies and programs through multi-channel delivery aligned with the Association’s strategic direction that enhance the Association’s brand recognition, growth, and customer experience.
- Utilize research to monitor the Association’s brand awareness and effectiveness in the marketplace adjusting directions and programs as appropriate.
- Accountable for productive relationships with external brand/marketing partners and vendors ensuring value creation for the Association.
- Guide the strategic direction of the Association’s dynamic web and social media strategies that support the Association’s strategic direction.
- Consult with the Board of Directors, leaders, and team members regarding the Association’s brand and marketing strategic direction and initiatives; provide leadership for the Association’s brand standards.
- Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of Association’s brand/marketing efforts.
- Formulate new and innovative programs to position and promote the Association and generate demand/lead creation in support of the sales and service teams.
- Engage in the assessment of strategic business opportunities that include new distribution or delivery models or business partnerships to enhance the customer experience and increase sales opportunities for the Association’s products and services.
- Utilize market research to assist sales and service teams in building brand and product awareness, increase product demand and sales, and reinforce awareness of the Association’s competitive advantages.
- Oversee campaign and event promotions as well as tradeshows and related events with an Association presence.
- Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of the Association’s sales enablement efforts.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the Association’s integrated and comprehensive communications that support the Association’s strategic direction and brand and ensure valued and timely communications.
- Accountable for the Association’s external communications including press releases, newsletters, annual reports, educational or informational materials, and presentations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of employee communication strategies that ensure timely information and awareness and support change initiatives using various mediums.
- Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of the Association’s communications efforts.
- Provide strategic leadership, clear vision, and directional purpose to achieve the Association’s vision and imperatives consistent with the Association’s core values, culture, and team principles.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of strategic planning and metrics/success criteria related to areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for attracting and selecting a diverse and qualified team and determining the appropriate team resource requirements to meet the Association and team’s strategic direction.
- Develop team members through coaching, training, opportunities, and ongoing performance feedback; counsel team members on performance issues.
- Instill a participative and collaborative team environment that inspires creative, high-performing, and engaged team members.
- Develop and monitor the annual operating budgets related to responsibilities.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.