See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Greensboro, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Open Til: 05-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Crop Protection
Function: Research & Product Development
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Technical Expert - Magnitude of Residue Study Director and Human Risk Assessor
Job ID: 2701
The purpose of the role is to manage field and laboratory aspects of residue exposure studies and to develop position papers in support of product registration and stewardship activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic and technical conduct of residue studies, as well as for the analysis, interpretation and impact, documentation, and timely reporting of results. They will also provide support for human risk assessments. The role requires close working relationships with other Syngenta departments and with external contract research organizations. Opportunities exist to represent the company through participation in professional organizations and at regulatory agency meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biology, agronomy or other related agricultural field.
- Candidates with experience in agricultural product development, strong analytical/residue chemistry background, are preferred. Familiarity with human exposure and risk assessment is also desirable.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience (e.g., Masters degree plus 3+ years experience in closely related fields) will also be considered
- The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge of the regulatory residue study guidelines, of agronomic practices, residue or analytical chemistry, of the crop protection chemicals registration process and an awareness of the principles use in human risk assessment.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- A strong capacity for problem solving (analysis, solution conceptualization, strategy and execution) coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills is vital to this position.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- This position is best suited for an energetic team-player with the flexibility to adapt and develop necessary new skills as needed.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Scientific Leadership and Scientific Creativity/Innovation
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Skilled at Delivering Multiple Projects for Multiple Stakeholders
- Ability to Proactively Problem Solve and Advocate Technical Positions
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making
- Team Player and Collaborative
- Travel Requirements: 10-15%
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.