See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Grandisland, Scottsbluff, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 15-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Crop Protection
Function: Commercial Ops/Customer Care
City: Grandisland, Scottsbluff
State/Province: Nebraska [NE]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Crop Specialist
Job ID: 2758
- The Crop Specialist for corn/soy will hold critical internal and external corn/soy expertise across a range of agronomic and market conditions. This position retains a deep understanding regarding inputs that improve corn/soy productivity, methods of creating efficiency and economic benefit for growers and channel partners, all of which are centered on Syngenta integrated strategies.
- The Crop Specialist will have deep knowledge of all applicable Syngenta products and technologies and how these can be applied.
- The position will both facilitate and lead the application of specific crop solutions, gaining customer insights, and also serve as the conduit for field-level generation of potential integrated solutions into the Corn and Soybean Crop Teams and Integrated Solutions Development Managers. The Crop Specialist position will actively participate in design, communication, and implementation of crop solutions for corn/soy.
- Crop expertise delivered through this role will be customer centric, utilizing a coordinated approach through internal and external partners. This role is key to identifying, communicating, and stewarding positive, measurable technical attributes of our products and portfolio for corn/soy market by providing technical guidance, collateral support, and facilitation of new product launches.
- Crop Specialists will own the development and delivery of Syngenta’s product, agronomic and solution story for the corn/soy in their marketplace, as necessary for maximum demand and value creation.
Crop Specialists will reside locally aligned with the crop market for maximum impact and optimal coverage.
The role accountabilities for the assigned crop market will include the following six major areas: crop expertise / gaining customer insights, solution launch maximization, technical support, and collaboration at the farm-gate/internally/ externally, as detailed below:
1. Crop Expertise: Through excellence of customer insights, provide full agronomic ideas / solutions, training and coaching for integrated strategies or regional / crop agronomic initiatives; not general training on agronomics.
- Actively works to understand current and near and mid-future products from Syngenta and how these can be applied to assure appropriate tool kit is available.
- Product & agronomic technical liaison between Sales Agronomy and Crop teams.
- Effectively communicate agronomic fit and benefits of our commercial and pre-commercial Syngenta branded offerings and integrated solutions.
- Work with customer marketing and sales agronomy to incorporate crop solutions into the campaign for assigned crop markets.
2. Solution development and launch maximization: Support new product and or production model launches.
- Coordinate participation in regulated, non regulated, and other various trials; not farmer plots which are done by Agronomic Service Representatives (ASRs), but earlier testing (pre commercialization) large scale plot strategy for new solutions executed through ASRs.
- Develop and implement the “Demonstration/Learning/Training Plot Strategy.
- Work with portfolio management in crop to support portfolio life cycle staging and integrate staging strategy into solution plan.
3. Enabler of Sales Agronomy: to maximize grower return on investment and to position Syngenta for success within the assigned crop market.
- Collaboratively lead the development, design and assessment of crop local solution performance & value proof points.
- Work with ASR to develop plot strategies to drive solution demand.
- Interface between non-agronomic solutions and ASRs.
- Lead the education and materials development for the support of solution deployment.
4. Collaboration Internally: Partner with internal stakeholders to position Syngenta for success within corn/soy.
- Work with campaign and corn/soy teams to deliver local Syngenta agronomic Solutions messaging.
- Supports the Campaign Plan and Go-To-Market Strategy with sales and customer marketing teams. Work with Crop Marketing and Asset Management in identifying product growth & marketing opportunities for assigned geography.
- Recommend solutions and coordinate implementation of training and demonstration trials for both existing and new solutions in assigned geography.
- Identify and recommend product label expansion opportunities for assigned geography.
- Monitor product and solution recommendations in the field to drive results for assigned geography and interface with Crop portfolio team to formulate ideas and review technical content for technical literature pieces.
- Collaborate with Solutions Development teams to develop and provide technical and competitive information for positioning grower agronomic solutions in the marketplace.
5. Collaboration externally: Partner with external stakeholders to position Syngenta for success within the assigned crop market.
- Develop and manage relationships with crop Centers Of Influence, as targeted.
- Influences Center of Influence, Crop Consultants and Farm Management regional personnel to ensure Syngenta is the partner of choice.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships, provides agronomic support that integrates Syngenta Solutions.
- Calibrates and activates local messaging for use at field days, training sessions and other local events in concert with marketing and communications.
- Acts as product and agronomic technical liaison.
- Provide technical contact and support for the value chain.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Critical knowledge: : - Deep knowledge and understanding of corn/soy, its production and critical agronomic and other inputs that enable maximization of yield and return on investment.
- Recognized as a Crop specialist internally and externally.
- Understand grower decisions in input selection and other decisions that occur prior to planting, i.e. before the farm.
- Understand grower decisions used in production, i.e. on the farm.
- Understand grower decisions on harvested crop management, i.e. after the farm.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience working in the AG industry.
- Significant background and/or education in crop agronomy or related field.
- Well-rounded understanding of commercial, product development and supply management functions.
- Sound understanding of the