See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Various locations in Canada, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 10-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I Choose Opportunity.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill Specialty Canola Oils is an industry leader in the development, production and marketing of high oleic oil - a trans fat-free alternative for the food industry known for its superior nutrition, improved stability and excellent taste. Research and plant breeding, certified seed production, contracting, crushing and marketing are also included. Cargill's Specialty Canola Oils Production Program offers farm businesses high-performing VICTORY and Invigor Health Hybrids and unique advantages, such as an attractive prime basis, risk management solutions and grower-selected delivery periods.
Your summer with us:
As an Agronomy Research Assistant, you will work with the Research Agronomist to manage and maintain canola research plots in Western Canada. The private research trials that you manage will be used in the evaluation of specialty oil canola varieties with commercial potential. Successful applicants are highly ambitious, innovative, have desire for continuous learning, and are able to quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving and highly motivated research/team environment.
Some of the things you'll be responsible for:
- Assisting in successful research trial management, which includes seeding, cultivating, spraying, harvesting, and data collection
- Cooperation within an interdisciplinary team; including other research and support teams, to organize resources effectively and to meet all business objectives.
- Operation of small plot equipment, including seeder, sprayer, swather, and combine
- Some basic maintenance of small plot equipment
Manitoba - Elm Creek
Saskatchewan - Aberdeen
Alberta - Camrose
(locations will be filled on a first come, first served basis)
Posting remains open until filled.
Find out what makes Cargill one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People at http://www.eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.
- Currently enrolled in or completed an Agriculture or related program in a post secondary institution
- Knowledge of crop production and comfortable working with farm equipment in an outdoor environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, and attentive to detail
- Willing to travel within Western Canada
- Previous research and/or farm experience would be an asset
Cargill Limited is the Canadian subsidiary of Cargill Inc., an international corporation and respected world leader in agriculture. We have been a part of Canadian agriculture since 1927 and have experienced steady growth over the years. Cargill currently has over 10,000 employees in various Business Units across Canada.