See More Jobs From CHS Inc.
Location: - (Pocahontas, Illinois, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 21-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Custom Applicator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
Salary: Hourly plus incentive
Send This Job To A Friend
CHS /Shipman Elevator Company has an opportunity in our Ag Business Division. We are looking for an Applicator / Driver. Your primary duties from April through fall will be a Custom Applicator. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Apply crop protection products with a High-wheel sprayer, Floater, Rogator, or Ditch sprayer
- Spread Fertilizer and spray crop protection products
- Truck Driving as needed or required
- Warehouse work to include: driving loader, forklift, Mechanics, Maintenance
- Customer Service & Sales
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Lifting & loading up to 75/lbs. packages of Crop Protection products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain.
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours in season
- Applicators license or ability to obtain within the first 30 days of employment.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Farming background
- Application experience
- Chemical application education preferred
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
To apply, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note you will be re-directed to the employer's site to complete your application.