See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Minnetonka, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 21-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst Supply Chain Design and Indirect Procurement
Job ID: 2526
Business Partner within North America Production and Supply Finance organization influencing the business strategy and decision making by providing financial expertise, challenging business views, supporting analysis including strategic planning/budgeting/forecasting, monthly and ad hoc financial analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst Supply Chain Design and Indirect Procurement will:
- Support measurements, financial validation and monitoring of NA Supply Chains and Indirect Procurement activities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial analysis and reports
- Investigate variances to expectations.
- Proactively provide financial modeling, analysis & decision support on business cases, cost & capital decisions.
- Develop a value based management framework & promote value creation.
- Support and assist in driving improvement projects to meet expectations.
- Develops and improves analysis and reporting to ensure that key drivers are tracked, reported and analyzed to help drive business performance to meet budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial support for Supply Chain Design strategic planning and long term plans.
- Provides financial insight and prepares financial models and scenario analysis in support of Supply Chain Design efforts.
- Provide periodic ongoing financial reports and analysis for Indirecet Procurment Managers.
- Review and analyze monthly Departmental Expense reports for SupplyChain Design and Indirect Procurement.
- Prepare and provide analysis for monthly Financial Forecasts (LO’s and LE’s) for Supply Chain Design and Indirect Procurement Managers.
- Coordinate the development, analysis and bridging of annual Supply Chain Design and Indirect Procurement budget numbers and forecasts, including indirect procurement savings.
- Lead and/or assist with analysis and tracking of applicable indirect procurement cost savings projects and $Bank score boarding.
- Complete ad hoc financial reports and analysis as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of key accounting, financial analysis, benchmarking and variance analysis in a manufacturing and distribution environment and a general working knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Critical experience
- Accounting / Finance degree required; MBA preferred. Background with strong analysis, modeling and experience for improving business and financial performance.
- Strategic planning and solid reporting/analysis skills.
- Experience with multi-site, multi system, complex logistics and manufacturing environments and standard cost accounting, and transfer pricing is considered a plus
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to simplify complex data and give clarity to the information.
- Ability to use analytical and business case development skills to identify and drive cost savings and process improvement.
- Strong communicatons and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills, particularly in Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint presentations
- Proficient in SAP (or other ERP systems), Data warehouse, Microsoft Office Suite environments
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing environment
- Strong change management skills
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Develops networks across the organization
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Expert Excel /Data warehouse, PowerPoint skills
- Ability to grasp complex system infrastructure
- Good communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to drive improvement and efficiency initiatives
- Pro-actively providing insightful and challenging analysis to add value
- Ability to identify key business drivers through detailed analysis
- SAP experience
- Up to 20% travel required.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.