See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Greensboro, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Open Til: 27-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Crop Protection
Function: Commercial Ops/Customer Care
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Business Information & Analytics Lead
Job ID: 2669
Establish and improve Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in Syngenta's commercial functions to support and accelerate business planning and decision making. Champion and lead the use of modern BI approaches and technologies to accelerate Syngenta's success. Lead the identification, planning and delivery of relevant business and management information for commercial groups. Sponsor effective interpretation of data and information (better intelligence for smarter decisions; improved accuracy and faster business decision making). Engage commercial business stakeholders and other Syngenta personnel with data/information roles to design and support an effective knowledge exchange and user training. Establish, govern, and sustain policies for information distribution and access.
- People: No of direct reports ~2, No of indirect reports = 0
- Geographic Scope: No of countries = 1
- Champion the use of modern Business Intelligence (BI) approaches and tools to support Syngenta's sales and marketing teams
- Identify commercial information and reporting needs across commercial functions.
- Establish longer term roadmaps and short term plans for BI capabilities; information and reporting delivery.
- Ensure delivery and distribution of relevant business information and reporting as a key enabler for business effectiveness.
- Establish required training to ensure optimal consumption and use of reporting and information.
- Participate in information and data governance.
- Establish, train, lead, and develop a strong team of effective Business Information Specialists.
- Quickly assess the needs of the Syngenta organization, prioritize and revise the scope of ongoing projects, and lead the change process to help the customer facing organization achieve business objectives.
- Establish a process for and implement an agreed management/business information action plan.
- Ensure that critical projects continue with no significant delays or negative impact.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum BS degree and five years in a related role -or- Masters degree and one year experience.
- Strategic Business Intelligence (BI) industry best practices knowledge and experience; as well as BI information technology and tools knowledge
- Advanced stakeholder management and leadership skills to relevant and successfully engage all required company resources from executive leaders to Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Understanding of how to work effectively in a matrix organization, as well as multi-cultural environment.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience in a commercial and/or customer facing role.
- Project management experience.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Deep understanding of sales & marketing data and information systems needs.
- Industry-wide best practices knowledge in the sales & marketing process and systems arena.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently connect business strategy and information needs with technology platform capabilities.
- Good leadership and collaborative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Communicates with impact - Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way
-Leads change and holds ambiguity - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcomes resistance to change
- Builds a culture of innovation - Creates an environment that supports creativity, and coaches people to spark innovation
- Focuses on customers - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Develops people, organization, and self - Coaches people to excel, provides opportunities for learning, and creates a climate for development and growth
- Collaborates across boundaries - Collaborates effectively across organizational and functional boundaries, and leverages diversity
Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
- Up to 15% Travel
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.