See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Mt. Orab, Ohio, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Mid-America
Open Til: 24-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Salary: Basde on experience
Send This Job To A Friend
The position independently conducts collateral evaluations including site inspections for environmental risks. Provides Farm Credit Services’ Financial Services Officers and management adequate information to aid in their decision making process. This position develops and maintains comparable sale information. This position will require completion of basic appraiser education courses. The position may be considered for future State Licensing, but this transition is not guaranteed or required.
- Develops knowledge of the appraisal process by assisting in the collection, preparation and distribution of comparable sales information. Includes, but is not limited to, performing courthouse searches, verifying buyer/seller motivations, property inspections, sales abstraction, platting and documenting findings.
- Develops knowledge of the appraisal process by assisting in analyzing local and regional real estate markets. Includes, but is not limited to, determining farmland or rural values and trends, providing summary reports, developing information to support adjustments used in appraisal reports, and documenting community and economic data influencing property values.
- Develops knowledge of the appraisal process by assisting with appraisals of loan collateral and acquired properties. Includes, but is not limited to on site inspections, accurately defining highest and best use, documenting property characteristics, accurately applying accepted valuation methods, supporting conclusions with written narrative, and documenting results in written appraisal reports.
- Evaluates the impact of environmental risks. Includes, but is not limited to performing site inspections, record searches, owner interviews, and documenting findings in written appraisal reports
- Evaluates the impact of existing and proposed government programs regarding farming, taxes, zoning, and the environment on property valuations.
- Assists licensed appraisers in completing appraisals for loans greater than delegated authority.
This is an entry level position for the appraisal staff. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field. Work-related or education-related agricultural or agribusiness experience is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.