See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Western Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 23-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
This position is accountable for the agri-products management and financial results of a agri-products retail location and agri-products functions (which may include an anhydrous ammonia plant) within a market area.
- Develops, implements and executes marketing plans and sales budgets.
- Develops a marketing plan including detailed customer analysis (i.e. seed acres, farm trends, etc.) Responsible for agri-products sales and grain volumes for assigned customers.
- Supervises the record keeping functions in recording sales and monies received, in maintaining inventory records, in requisitioning supplies in accordance to sales projections and movement of product within the market area.
- Supervises, trains, and conducts performance and development reviews on agriproducts staff.
- In conjunction with the Manager, participates in the development of sales and marketing programs for the market area.
- Responsible for agri-products sales within the location"s market area.
- Responsible for agri-products audit results as required.
- Prepares reports on specific developments and sales activities.
- Liaises with customers, competitors, Manager Agronomic Services and other appropriate industry personnel to promote agriproducts.
- Responsible for invoicing and accounts receivables within the agriproducts location.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all inventory with regard to space, accessibility and positioning.
- Responsible for agriproducts center "presentation" including the displaying of inventory and promotional material in a manner which maximizes customer appeal and service.
- Prepares the annual operating/repair and maintenance budgets and recommends capital requirements to the Market Center Manager.
- Ensures staff receive appropriate safety and environmental training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Diploma in Administration or Agriculture and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-products inventory management and sales. Must have good knowledge of agri-products and grain marketing. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities may be considered. Requires Workplace Hazardous Materials Inventory System (WHMIS), and Crop Protection Institute (CPI), Forklift Operator and First Aid certification. Must be working towards the Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation. Some locations will require NH3 certification. Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification.
To apply, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note you will be re-directed to the employer's site to complete your application.