See More Jobs From Crop Production Services
Location: - (Loveland, Colorado, West United States, USA)
Company: Crop Production Services
Open Til: 26-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Accounting
Job Type: Internship/Summer Work Experience
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Crop Production Services (CPS) is one of the largest farm and market retailers in the United States. With over 150 years in the business, we are the most effective and efficient supply chain in the United States for rapid development of seed, fertilizer and crop protection products. Our mission is to be a trusted and recognized leader in the agriculture industry, the first choice of every customer and producer and a growth company where employees can achieve success and develop their maximum potential.
Based on our mission, CPS offers a summer internship program that recruits college students from across the United States to work for an entire summer to gain real work experience. Interns are required to perform reconciliation of inventory balances utilizing CPS computer systems for locations across the United States and Canada.
The internship is a paid, non-benefited position, generally working only summer months (late May to mid-August). Positions will generally end in mid- August to allow for students to return to school. Each year all interns meet in a predetermined location to undergo training in May.
Job Title: Operational Accounting Intern for Physical Inventory Counts
Department: Operational Inventory Accounting
Position Summary : Analyze, track, and reconcile inventory at various locations throughout the United States and Canada for Crop Production Services, Inc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reconciliation of inventory balances
- Personally perform inventory counts throughout the United States and Canada
- Arrange own travel plans, including booking air/land travel and lodging
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior college student with Agricultural based degree desired
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to provide accurate and meaningful analysis to Operational Inventory Accountants and Branch Managers
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work long days and weekends- over 40 hours per week is likely
- Working conditions will be split between warehouses, outside, and office work
Job Contact Information