See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Caldwell, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance
Career Type: Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Inventory Accounting Specialist position available at WSI in Caldwell, ID.
Maintain total operational and financial inventory accuracy at all business levels of Western Stockmen’s. Work directly with sales staff, purchasing agents, production staff, A/R, A/P, and management to resolve complex inventory issues while using strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills. Organize and complete companywide monthly, quarterly, and yearly inventory counts. Responsible for all inventory and cost adjustments, with detailed explanations and reporting. Perform independent audits of physical inventory levels and report findings directly to management. Create and ensure data validity of detailed reports for management regarding sales information and inventory transactions generated either through ERP or reporting systems. Develop and maintain cost and inventory control procedures for all levels of business transactions. Occasionally work with IT analysts to test software functionality, prepare software revision requests, and design and create automated reports related to inventory and accounting functions.
- Responsible for inventory management, including inventory accuracy, physical inventory reconciliation, and authorization of inventory adjustments. Monitors and troubleshoots a variety of transactions affecting cost and inventory values. Provides detailed guidance to all levels of business related to inventory transactions. Completes inventory cycle counts and enters inventory adjustments.
- Apply inventory control techniques, standard practices of classification, and recoding of inventory activity. Develop companywide business processes to safeguard company assets. Creates and modifies Agvance, Brio, and Excel reports for management and functional business personnel related to inventory issues, problems, and for preventative inventory control.
- Perform independent inventory check to ensure inventory accuracy at stores, warehouses, and production mills for a variety of inventory including animal health products, agricultural hardware, raw animal feed ingredients, and finished feed products.
- Prepare financial information before and after month end and year end closing. Ensure that all transactions have been entered and processed before month end closing. Contact sales staff, purchasing, A/R, A/P, and management for any outstanding issues that could have a financial impact related to the general ledger.
- Bachelor degree from a four year college or university and three years related experience and or training.
- Possess and apply solid knowledge of cost accounting, standard cost processing, financial accounting, and internal controls. Strong computer skills related to Excel, Brio, and Agvance.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and have strong organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SALARY: PG 39
Just 45 minutes away from Boise, Caldwell offers a small community atmosphere, but large city amenities. Caldwell boasts great community events and recreational activities for river rafters, skiers, hot springs lovers, trail riders and hikers. For the wine lovers, there are over 10 wineries and vineyards to tour.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*