See More Jobs From Agrium Wholesale
Location: - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Agrium Wholesale
Open Til: 29-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Send This Job To A Friend
Agrium is driven by growth, whether it is to improve the performance of crops that feed the world responsibly, grow our business, our market share or our earnings. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Agrium is one of the world's largest nutrient and fertilizer producers with net sales of almost $10-billion over the past two years, compared to just $2.8 billion five years ago and $1.7 billion ten years ago. How’s that for growth!
We also encourage our employees to grow within their roles as we continue to pursue new ways to make Agrium a great place to work. In 2010, we were awarded the distinction of being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Alberta’s Top 50 Employers. Come grow your career at Agrium and join our more than 11,000 employees across North and South America to help feed a growing world.
Growth is a top priority for Agrium Wholesale and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our Company. To achieve growth and remain healthy and profitable we need talented, diverse employees to support our initiatives. In 2011, we were named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Alberta’s Top 50 Employers. Come grow your career at Agrium Wholesale where our employees strive to make a difference and take pride in helping to feed the world.
As part of the Mill Production Department, the Mill Operations Supervisor reports to the Senior Supervisor, Operations to create a safe, reliable and efficient Mill operation.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of the Senior Supervisor, the Supervisor‘s primary responsibility is to supervise a specific crew of plant operators.
- Maintaining compliance with environmental, safety, and governmental regulations.
- Participate in reviews and approvals of work procedures and policies.
- Effectively communicating with department heads, shift and trade Supervisors, as well as trainers and schedulers.
- Creating and communicating new ideas formulated by self and crew.
- Daily coordination of activities of crew both when operating and on training shift.
- Provide timely feedback on new employee evaluation by completing forms supplied by site HR personnel.
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings with crew as well as monthly safety meetings and complete necessary documentation for both.
- Providing feedback on performance and communicating expectations on a consistent and ongoing basis to personnel assigned to his/her crew. (Performance Management System)
- During off shifts the Supervisor is the senior Company official at the mill and thus is accountable for all aspects of the surface operation.
- Work closely with the other operating crews and process group to create a safe, reliable and efficient mill process.
- Work closely with the training group to ensure the crew is meeting all training requirements for the personnel on their crew as well as monitoring Acert to ensure it is up to date.
- Responsible to monitor compliance to databases such as the Operations Information System (OPIS) shift log entry, Loss Limit Reporting, completion of hand held routes and the necessary notifications as per the findings while performing the routes.
- Monitor operator completion of minor maintenance tasks that are a part of their responsibilities.
- Support maintenance and reliability efforts by working with the groups, and/or providing crew support for pm/pdm plans and reviews, RCFA investigations and other initiatives, as required.
- Monitor housekeeping and equipment care responsibilities of the crew to ensure compliance to site standards.
Qualifications of the position include:
- Have a minimum of 3+ years related work experience.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Exposure to SAP would be considered an asset.
- Able to work with multiple tasks, prioritize and develop sound time lines.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in a fast paced “team” environment.
This position is located near Vanscoy, Saskatchewan, at Agrium’s Potash Mine facility.
Vanscoy Potash Operations (VPO) is located approximately 33 kilometers southwest of Saskatoon. VPO produces four sizes of high quality potash for shipment to markets around the world. The ore body is one kilometer below the surface. An extensive network of underground roads takes workers to the mine faces and various shops. This operation directly employs over 550 people.
Agrium Wholesale is committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and the markets in which we compete for talent. We pay-for-performance; employee total compensation is linked to Agrium’s goals and performance. We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and First Nations.
Join Agrium and “Help Feed the World!”
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.