See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Kekaha, Hawaii, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 28-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
Function: Research & Product Development
State/Province: Hawaii [HI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Field Technician 1
Job ID: 2718
The purpose of the Field Technician 1 is to support local Product Development Research Associates in their efforts to create superior corn and soybean products.
Packaging, plant staking and sampling, field layout, corn & soybean pollinating, and shelling and maintaining accuracy in data collection. Assist with hand harvesting nursery and isolation material. Assist with seed threshing, shelling, cleaning and treating. Identify, correct or notify superiors of any potential errors or problems. Provide support to the research associates with various other tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Zero (0) to two (2) years comparable experience in agriculture preferred.
- Ability to use a computer and standard office software.
- Ability to work both in a team and as a self-directed individual.
- Ability and initiative to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Have a Drivers License.
- Have good mathematical/analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve conflicts.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused with professional attitude.
- Ability to perform under agreed upon time and resource requirements.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Ability to take initiative and drive results.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates inspirationally
- Steps beyond comfort zones
- Fosters a culture of creativity and innovation
- Focuses energy on must-wins
- Manages performance to high standard
- Develop self and others
- Recognizes and celebrates success
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Legible handwriting. Ability to work in the field for extended periods of time in a tropical climate. Must be able to correct mistakes made by others and themselves in a professional manner. Must know how to handle difficult situations in a professional manner. Respectful to supervisors and crew.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in tropical environment, with possible adverse lab, greenhouse, and field conditions (heat, wind, rain, humidity).
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.