See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (Raymore, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 29-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Production
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
Performing responsibilities in procuring, receiving, processing, warehousing and shipping of grain, on assigned shifts. This role requires regular and ongoing direct contact with customers in the delivery of high quality service.
- Assists in analyzing market trends and competitiveness; financial statement, shipping and audit results. Reviews the marketing and financial goals and assists in the implementation of action plans to achieve desired goals.
- Provides administrative services, except signing of cash tickets and advances for all C.W.B. and non-board grains, oilseeds and special crops. Assists in the development and implementation of a grain marketing plan for the area served.
- Assists in coordinating the receipt, cleaning, drying, blending and storing of grain within the facility and/or through a mobiload unit. Checks for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages. Plans and co-ordinates the binning, cleaning and drying of grain and proper warehousing of product. Operates and services equipment used in the movement of grain. Operates by industry regulations in the handling and storage of grain. Completes related documentation.
- Assesses the proper grade, dockage, moisture and condition of grains and oilseeds to ensure conformity with Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) standards.
- Assists in the development of estimates and reporting of shippable stocks weekly. Prepares railway cars or trucks for loading. Weighs grain into railway cars or trucks according to industry regulations. Makes deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization. Assists in the identification of blending opportunities. Completes grain shipping documentation and maintains grain loading samples.
- Co-ordinates bin and warehouse space with shipping and receiving. Maintains grain product Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program. Provides information on the various regulatory bodies and their regulations. Participates in local community activities. Promotes the services of the facility.
- Operates by health, safety and fire prevention procedures and regulations.
- Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards. Carries out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs.
- Maintains stock control records.
- Performs other related duties.
Grade XII or equivalent. Must be willing to enroll and work toward the completion of the Agri-Business Certificate Program or equivalent. One year agri-business (grain and/or farm supply) experience is preferred. Completion of a university level degree, diploma or certificate would be preferred. Requires Crop Protection Institute (CPI) Certification if working out of crop protection product warehouse. Requires Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification if required to transport crop protection products. Demonstrated customer service orientation. Demonstrated aptitude for grading, cleaning and drying grain. Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations. Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships. Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills. Proven ability to work independently. Mechanical ability to operate and maintain grain processing and farm supply equipment. Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job. Good eyesight and colour perception. Computer competent. Must be willing to relocate, bondable and possess a valid class 5 drivers license, and where required a 1 'A' license.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.