See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 19-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Management Reporting Analyst (MRA) is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to Monsanto#39;s total company financial statements and reporting process. The MRA assists with the overall coordination of worldwide consolidation of monthly actuals. The MRA is involved in performing and coordinating financial analysis on a variety of topics and performs routine trainings of our financial reporting system (ARC). In addition, the MRA coordinates the post-closing adjustment (walkover) process.
- Manage the closing process for all world areas. Responsibilities include opening/closing the general ledger in SAP, extracting data from SAP to ARC, and approving feeds into ARC.
- Process/Approve walkovers into ARC. Consists of collecting all walkover approvals from the Consolidations Lead, reviewing walkovers to ensure that the entries have the appropriate effect on results, and approving walkovers into ARC.
- Reconcile walkovers to SAP. Responsibilities include distributing walkover logs, reopening the ledger to allow individuals to post walkovers in SAP, and reconciling the walkover log with the transactions that were entered in SAP in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare walkover analysis / metric reports. On a monthly basis, MRA prepares several closing and walkover metrics analysis reports that are distributed to financial analysts, management, and regional finance personnel.
- Train ARC (Hyperion Essbase) to Finance personnel via monthly classes available through Monsanto University.
- Co-train semi-annual Walkover and Cash Flow System classes, including the responsibility of coordinating the establishment of course offerings.
- Help prepare the Statement of Consolidated Cash Flows by following up on issues with template preparers, analyzing results to ensure accuracy and tying results with support documentation.
- Manage the quarterly Balance Sheet Analysis (BSA) process (formerly known as Brownbook) with the responsibility of retrieving results and coordinating the responses to the variances that are presented to the Corporate Controller, Assistant Controller, General Auditor, Treasurer, External Reporting and D&T.
- Reconcile Shareowner#39;s Equity accounts. Monthly reconcile common stock, retained earnings, and additional contributed capital accounts for some US entities according to Global Reconciliation Standards in the Blackline System.
- Oversee the Systems User Access. MRA is responsible for obtaining the appropriate approvals and granting access to the FinRep system, which includes intercompany matching, cash flow, walkovers, SEC Package, and manual feeds. MRA also completes the semi-annual review of systems access in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Seek out and make continuous improvements to the Consolidation team#39;s systems and processes.
- Complete ad-hoc requests. MRA may from time to time receive requests from individuals within finance or from other functions in the organization to retrieve and provide data from ARC.
Skills Gained in this Role:
- Enhanced analytical skills
- Exposure to global finance and total company view
- Understanding of the consolidations process
- Enhanced technical skills, including ARC and SAP
- Interaction and communication with finance management
- Minimum of 2 years business experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS Degree with an Accounting/Finance Major
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to complete ad-hoc requests timely
- Hyperion / Essbase experience
- SAP experience