See More Jobs From CHS Inc.
Location: - (Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: CHS Inc.
Open Til: 02-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: IT
Career Type: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Send This Job To A Friend
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Service Center Representative. You will provide technical support and guidance to CHS remote and international users. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented.
This is a first shift position
- Troubleshoot and resolve technology problems and issues involving desktop, laptop, handheld devices, or network services
- Capture, monitor, communicating, and resolve events that impact the user environment
- Monitor and evaluate network and systems performance indicators
- Accurately define and escalate high and critical events
- Report on network availability, systems availability and other parameters as assigned
- Track appropriate parameters against Service Level Agreements and publish results using predefined communication processes
- Deploy, install and configure production and test environment hardware such as server, workstations and handheld devices
- Monitor and respond to incident management requests submitted through email and other electronic forms of media
- Establish and maintain relations with 24x7 locations, IT support vendors, and international offices
- Create and test package installations for automatic and "on demand" deployment
- Apply professional concepts, company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems
- Document, implement, and adhere to standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Manage multiple assignments of moderate to complex scope and exercise judgment within the defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
Basic Qualifications (required):
- IT Certificate or Technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a in a computing environment including support for desktop, network, and server equipment
- Knowledge of patch management and package deployment processes
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP and Win 7 operating system, network configuration, support of handheld devices, and familiar with systems monitoring and uptime
- Able to work "third shift" with the possibility of occasional weekends and holidays
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Associate or Bachelors Degree
- Microsoft Certifications
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- A+ Certification
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE CHS CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.