See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Vernal, Utah, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Maintenance
Career Type: Management
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Following Opportunity is NOW Available!!
Maintenance Manager VI– Vernal
Our Vernal, Utah, Simplot Phosphates Mine currently has a Maintenance Manager position available.
Simplot Phosphates, LLC produces high-quality phosphate fertilizer. At the Vernal mine, Phosphate ore is mined, crushed, washed, finely ground and concentrated. The ore is then mixed with water to form a slurry and shipped 96 miles through a pressurized pipeline to the manufacturing plant south of Rock Springs, Wyoming.
Simplot Phosphates is part of the AgriBusiness Group, which is a part of the J.R. Simplot Company. The Agribusiness Group is focused on meeting the needs of its customers through the environmentally conscious extraction of natural resources, the manufacturing of fertilizers and the distribution of the highest-quality agricultural products. Along with the rest of the J.R. Simplot Company, the employees of the AgriBusiness Group recognize and embrace the responsibilities that fall to a company dedicated to Bringing Earth’s Resources to Life.
Summary: The Maintenance Manager will manage the mill and pipeline maintenance activities in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner to ensure availability for continuous operation with minimal disruption. Manage projects to ensure continuous quality improvement to reduce cost and maximize productivity. Effectively encourage and facilitate new and innovative thinking.
- Safely maintain a safe working environment, by actively promoting a safe culture, and following rules and regulations. Holds self and others accountable.
- Provide direction through coaching, problem solving, and conflict management. Can work easily with a diversity of people. Responsible for employee development by providing challenging, stretching tasks and assignments.
- Ensure efficient use of the workforce, through scheduling, organizing and prioritizing tasks. Participate in the interviewing, hiring and staffing process.
- Manage maintenance functions and coordinate activities with all departments. Works closely with managers, supervisors, engineers, and Rock Springs phosphate plant while planning, budgeting, developing and implementing annual turn-around needs.
- Manage the design process, implementation, and maintenance of operational equipment. Identify vulnerabilities, minimize risks and create contingency plans.
- Support organizational and department change efforts. Identify potential impact of changes and adjust work efforts as needed.
- Prepare annual mill maintenance operating, capital and manpower budgets. Short and long range forecasting.
- Understand, promote and uphold work rules, safety rules, company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain an effective rapport with regulatory agencies including MSHA, OSHA, EPA, BLM and Forest Service.
- Must be proficient in computer use: word processing, presentations, database, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office software preferred).
- Must have mechanical knowledge of mining and process equipment; milling, mining and pipeline process; and preventive maintenance.
- Mathematical, cost control, and budgeting skills are essential.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent decision quality based on analysis, wisdom, experience, creative thinking and judgment skills.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, and the ability to build high performing teams.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and be flexible.
- Valid Utah driver’s license or the ability to obtain one.
- Required to maintain reliable, regular attendance.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, in and around equipment and over rough terrain.
- Ability to work in an office environment, outside in all weather conditions, and around moving equipment.
- Infrequent travel will be required.
- Mining, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering degree and 10 years progressive mechanical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MSHA trainer certification desirable.
- Experience with JDEdwards desirable.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simpot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*