See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Houston, Texas, South-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 01-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Production & Supply
Function: Supply Chain
State/Province: Texas [TX]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Mechanical Integrity Lead
Job ID: 2479
Develop, implement, and manage a Mechanical Integrity program that will assure and improve the quality, integrity, reliability and service life of plant equipment and systems. Understand and implement applicable company, government, and industry codes and standards as they relate to MI and Reliability programs at the site. Monitor compliance of outside service providers to assure they meet site, corporate and regulatory standards. Develop and maintain systems to assure compliance with appropriate regulations and Corporate standards.
- Develop and promote effective Safety performance within the Mechanical Integrity group.
- Maintain budgeted maintenance cost for Mechanical Integrity/Reliability Program.
- Facilitate training and development of assigned personnel.
- Maintain list of PSM covered equipment and inspection frequencies necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Manage outage inspection activities (scope development, cost, scheduling, and timely completion of reports and repair scopes).
- Evaluate equipment fitness for service against applicable industry and company standards developing repair scopes and initiate SAP process for equipment deficiencies.
- Maintain list of deficiencies and raise proper awareness to ensure timely completion of temporary and permanent repairs.
- Developapplicable Mechanical Integrity procedures.
- Perform RCFA (Root Cause Failure) analysis on stationary equipment failures.
- Manage, obtain, and maintain equipment data and systems information including manufacturer's, engineering, design, fabrication, inspection, testing and maintenance repairs records that will provide current and accurate information for training, planning, procurement, evaluation and analysis.
- Manage, set-up, and update equipment information in SAP Technical Objects. Establish links for equipment in SAP to reports, inspection prep scopes and other useful information.
- Develop and implement document control procedures for maintaining equipment data including manufacturer's, engineering, design, fabrication, inspection, testing and maintenance repairs records necessary to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and company standards.
- Participate in engineering standards improvement and rationalization process, management of change and process safety information efforts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding and ability to apply applicable company, government, and industry standards governing Mechanical Integrity Programs.
- Good understanding of and ability to analyze new techniques and software (Pressure Vessel Calculation, Risk Based Inspection, NDT, etc.).
- Strong understanding and ability to apply Non Destructive Inspection methods.
- Working knowledge and ability to use SAP R3 Plant Maintenance Module and Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other applicable field.
- Certified in APR 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector, API 570 Piping Inspector, and API 653 Above Ground Atmospheric Vessel Inspector. (Preferred not required)
- 5+ years of substantial petro chemical maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of GBB site type processes and equipment. (Preferred)
- Management of 3rd party contractors. Ability to generate a scope of work, write a purchase requisition, and oversee field work performed by 3rd party contractors.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong effective interpersonal skills
- Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Statistical reliability analysis techniques
- Critical Information Seeking
Critical leadership capabilities
Set direction: Develop strategies and prioritize actions for appropriate support, resources, and to align objectives to site goals.
Drive Results: Manage performance to high standards; skillfully plan and organize and adapt to changing business environment.
Create Edge: Step beyond personal comfort zones as well as provide support to individuals and teams.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Follow-through on HSE accountabilities/responsibilities outlined for this position
- Ability & willingness to enforce and practice site safety rules and procedures
- Flexibility to respond to changing work scope, equipment availability, and business needs while still accomplishing required actions
- Ownership of site MI and Reliability programs and associated data management
- Communication skills necessary to influence others and to keep internal customer(s) updated
- Occasional travel may be needed (generally Houston area)
- Must be comfortable working in office environment as well as working outside in ambient conditions at times
- Must relate well with all levels of employees and contract workforce
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.