See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 19-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
The Plant Manager is accountable for safe, efficient physical operations, inventory management and outstanding customer service at the plant.
This position will be based out of the Cargill location in Rosetown, SK. This position is part of the Prairieland Farm Service Group (FSG), which is a geographical area comprised of multiple Cargill locations.
50% - Ensure flawless execution of Cargill best practices in operational management; meet all production targets, Environment, Health & Safety standards, and inventory management goals.
25% - Coaching, development and leadership of a high performance plant team. This includes training and directing employees through setting clear priorities. The Plant Manager is also responsible for performance management, creating an engaging work environment and employee relations.
25% - Champion the delivery of distinctive value, service, products and programs through leading the collaboration of the plant team within the customer focused facility team.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an agricultural service business environment
- Ability to effectively lead a team of diverse employees with demonstrated leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to manage compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations
- Knowledge of inventory control, quality management and operating efficiency
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada on a non-temporary basis
- Related post-secondary education or training
- Specialized knowledge of grain and crop input products and grain handling
- Mechanical aptitude
Find out what makes Cargill Canada's Top Employer for Young People http://www.eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.