See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 07-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Management
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
This position is accountable for obtaining business results through developing, maintaining and expanding the customer base within the marketing area in relation to the marketing of agri-products.
- Manages a client base within the parameters of the market area’s grain and farm supply marketing strategies to ensure financial and operating targets are met and/or exceeded yet maintains balance with customer needs and customer service objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to identify and act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities. Demonstrated high degree of knowledge in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers, demonstrates talent for bargaining and negotiating while ensuring all procurement and sales practices are congruent with corporate policy, image and direction and respect confidentiality of both company and producer’s business.
- Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs and develops and implemented strategies and actions to create opportunities.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers based on an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitability do business.
- Supervises the checking of merchandise received for quality and quantity and makes the necessary notations on the weigh bills.
- Organizes and supervises work activities of staff in receiving, storing, assembling, distributing and selling farm supplies.
- Maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all merchandise received with regard to space, accessibility and positioning stock to prevent losses.
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock and prepares orders for additional supplies within guidelines as required.
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure payments are within approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required.
- Supervises and participates in housekeeping programs, which promote safe working conditions and provide neat, clean appearance.
- Participates in trade shows, including developing promotional themes, booth layout, set up and show attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Successful completion of a Certificate in Agriculture Program, Agri-Business Certificate or equivalent post-secondary education. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-buiness and/or other related customer service function, a minimum of two (2) years of which involved agri-product sales and service and a valid class 5 drivers license. NH3 sales and distribution and a valid class 3A driver's license and NH3 certification is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.