See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Wichita, Kansas, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 13-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It's about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Cargill Beef has an exciting opportunity available for an Analyst - Category, Consumer & Market Insights position in Wichita, KS. This position will provide high-quality support for key Cargill Meat Solutions initiatives. This support includes retailer category analysis and development of sales opportunities through informational analysis. Responsibilities include providing category management analysis to key personnel, collaborating with our sales team to penetrate key decision makers at our customers and presenting category management plans at key retail customers. Manages analytics to provide insight, recommendations and support to key sales and marketing personnel and targeted retail customers.
- 30% - Analyze retailer market scan data, shipment data, promotional data and other available sources to provide timely information, key insights, recommendations, and analytical support to internal and external client.
- 30% - Provide day to day support of category management and related activities and manage data requests to both internal and external customers.
- 20% - Support sales force on key customer strategies via analysis and lead projects for targeted accounts.
- 20% - Provide analytical and administrative support for Consumer Insights initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years professional experience.
- Sound analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to creatively apply previously learned tactics/strategic/knowledge to changing market conditions.
- Strong communication skills including presentation and writing aptitude.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple business units and teams.
- Effective time management, ability to self-manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously with autonomy.
- Strong working familiarity with Microsoft products. Strong Excel skills required. MS Access skill would be a plus.
- Previous work experience within the Beef category
- Category Management experience
- Previous work experience with syndicated data