See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 27-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Job Description: Monsanto Global Security Operations Officer:
The Global Security Operations Officer is a critical role that monitors and sends the appropriate response to a variety of emergency and non-emergency conditions. One of the key responsibilities is answer and address emergency and non emergency communications of various types, including telephone, email and text messages from the public and within the Monsanto community. The ability to effectively communicate with internal customers and the public is extremely important on any security related issues. the position will also dispatch security personnel to calls for service and make necessary contacts with other departments within Monsanto to complete any given tasks. The successsful candidate will also monitor various alarm systems, closed circuit camera displays and building access control displays. The officer will monitor television news for activities or incidents that may affect Monsanto, worldwide, and make notification or inquires as needed to help protect Monsanto and its assets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must be computer literate and familiar with Windows Outlook, Word and Excel computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Delivery of high customer service skills is a must.
- The successful candidate must possess good writing and typing skills.
- The officer will be able to multi-task, being able to listen to directions or information while typing entries into a reports application.
- This position requires the ability to perform in a high stress environment, able to logically evaluate and analyze incidents and calls for service, and then give directions and assistance to those persons needing support while maintaining a calm confident demeanor.
- Candidates must be twenty one years of age, or older.
- Candidates must be a high school graduate or have obtained a high school GED.
- Candidates must be able to work day or night shifts, weekdays and weekends, including holidays.
- Candidateswith police, fire or security dispatching experience are preferred.
Preferred experiences or skills:
- Candidates that are bilingual,
- Experience with Lenel access control
- Alarm monitoring