See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Wichita, Kansas, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 08-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Value Added Meats - Retail facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Value Added Meats - Retail has an opportunity for a BU Technical Services Leader position located in Wichita, KS. This position is responsible for and will lead all FSQR activities across the business unit to include strategic and tactical planning in alignment with CFSRA and business unit plans. Directs development and management of all Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) systems in the business including 9 RTE and RTC plants: Insure continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, developing and implementing FSQR policies, ensuring connectivity and collaboration between business unit functions, directing talent management, directing management of the overall external FSQR environment including customer, supplier and regulatory interfaces for the business unit. Key member of the business unit leadership team.
- 25% - Direct FSQR organization across all manufacturing facilities for the business unit and ensure interpretation and implementation of FSQR policies, regulatory, customer and supplier standards. Responsible to ensure connectivity and collaboration between FSQR functions across all manufacturing facilities and to mediate and resolve all FSQR issues in the business. Direct implementation of product specification systems and management of change programs. Drive continuous improvement in the areas of processes, plant design and customer focus. Lead the BU crisis management team in the event of a food safety incident.
- 20% - Monitor FSIS/CFIA regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards and act as a liaison for the plants with FSIS/CFIA inspection on a District/Regional Level. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements within the BU.
- 20% - Build effective internal and external partnerships. Acts as customer interface for the BU to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints. Work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met. Act as the BU interface with customers and consumers and with the plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints. Work with suppliers, co-packers and distribution centers to ensure spec compliance.
- 20% - Talent Management: Provide supervisory leadership to BU plant location Technical Services Managers. Select, train, develop and ensure accountability for Technical Services Managers across the BU.
- 15% - Provide internal and external leadership and visibility on food safety and quality issues. Interface with BU Leadership Team and other Corporate Tech Services Managers. Identify and share best practices in execution of Technical Services programs and maintain sameness in existing technical service plant processes and procedures.
- Masters degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related fields.
- Deep technical knowledge in the areas of food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
- 10 years experience in Technical Services, i.e., Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership and process control management skills and an ability to develop team members
- Advanced Auditing/Compliance - Applies advanced auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
- Advanced HACCP Knowledge and Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify and control food safety hazards.
- Advanced Customer Specifications Management - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions and solves customer problems.
- Advanced Plant/Manufacturing Knowledge - Demonstrates practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
- Intermediate Business Acumen - Applies deep and practical business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
- Intermediate Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations
- Intermediate Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies and addresses supplier quality issues.
- Intermediate Managing and Improving Processes - Delivers processes that are aligned, effective, and optimize Cargill resources.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Cargill Policies & Standards - Applies CFSRA policy and standards to enhance food safety and quality.
- Intermediate Project Management - Applies a structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects successfully.
- Intermediate External Partnering - Builds relationships and negotiates effectively with external groups.
- Intermediate Training/Meeting Management - Delivers learning solutions in a manner that engages learners and produces desired outcomes.
- Basic Scientific Knowledge - Applies scientific knowledge, principles to identify and manage risks.
- Basic Product Information/Documentation - Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Basic Risk Assessment - Conducts and communicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food borne hazards.
- Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel).
- PhD in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related fields.
- Understanding of statistical process control programs
- Operations experience