See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 26-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I Choose Opportunity.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
Due to increased customer demand, our agronomic consulting product line is growing significantly across Western Canada and Southwestern Ontario. Because of this, there is an increasing number of Agronomists needed in many of our regions to support this business growth.
The Agronomist position can lead to a career path with endless opportunities within Cargill. Agronomists in our organization have advanced to regional management positions, senior leadership positions, as well as positions in other functions such as merchandising, sales, and operations. It is the perfect way to start your career in agriculture, food production, food science, or business.
Reporting to the Regional Agronomy Manager, the Agronomist is accountable for delivering a comprehensive portfolio of agronomic services, providing technical leadership on agronomic issues and providing support to the sales, operations, merchandising and marketing staff. This is a position for individuals who are comfortable leading a team of people and delivering programs to benefit farm customers.
- Deliver a comprehensive portfolio of agronomic services to farm customers, including precision agriculture initiatives, crop planning, nutrient management planning, weed, disease, and insect management, and harvest management.
- Provide technical leadership on agronomic issues and collaborate with the regional team to best manage business risk to both our customers and to Cargill.
- Achieve business goals for crop management services, including financial targets, customer satisfaction, and business growth.
- Gather crop condition information in the region and convey the information to the merchandising team.
- Provide support to the sales, operations, merchandising and marketing staff.
Location: This position will be based out of the Cargill location in North Battleford, SK, and will cover the directly Northeast of North Battleford.
- Degree in Agronomy or related discipline OR diploma in Agronomy or related discipline plus equivalent work experience.
- 2 - 3 years of field and industry experience.
- Eligible for membership in the Provincial Institute of Agrologists.
- Will be required to obtain CCA accreditation.
- Strong technical, leadership, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of and familiarity with current technical agronomy applications.
- Willing to relocate within Canada for promotional opportunities.
Find out what makes Cargill one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.