See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (Melfort, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 12-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Production
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
Performing responsibilities in receiving, warehousing and shipping of farm supplies, on assigned shifts. This role requires regular and ongoing direct contact with customers in the delivery of high quality service.
- Business Management: Assists in analyzing market trends and competitiveness; financial statement, shipping and audit results. Reviews the marketing and financial goals and assists in the implementation of action plans to achieve desired goals.
- Farm Supplies and Services: Assists in identifying customer needs and maintenance of customer profiles. Sells farm supplies and services. Provides customers with the most up-to-date information on farming practices and agricultural products and services. Assists in planning and setting up product displays. Takes soil tests. Completes sales and handling related documentation. Provides quality service to customers.
- Receiving, Processing & StoringFarm Supplies: Assists in co-ordinating the receipt and storing of farm supplies within the facility. Checks for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages. Plans and co-ordinates the proper warehousing of product. Operates and services equipment used in the movement of farm supplies. Operates by industry regulations in the handling and storage of grain and farm supplies. Completes related documentation.
- Shipping Farm Supplies: Draws farm supplies from stock to fill customer and country elevator orders. Makes deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization. Assists in the identification of blending opportunities. Completes farm supply shipping documentation.
- Control and Care of Farm Supply Stocks: Co-ordinates warehouse space with shipping and receiving. Maintains farm supply product condition by turning and monitoring. Conducts regular inventory checks.
- Public relations: Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program. Provides information on the various regulatory bodies and their regulations. Participates in local community activities. Promotes the services of the facility.
- Safety: Operates by health, safety and fire prevention procedures and regulations.
- Facilities and equipment: Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards. Carries out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs.
- Clerical duties: Maintains stock control records.
- Performs other related duties.
Grade XII or equivalent. Must be willing to enrol and work toward the completion of the Agri-Business Certificate Program or equivalent. One year agri-business (grain and/or farm supply) experience is preferred. Completion of a university level degree, diploma or certificate would be preferred. Requires Crop Protection Institute (CPI) Certification if working out of crop protection product warehouse. Requires Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification if required to transport crop protection products. Demonstrated customer service orientation. Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations. Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships. Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills. Proven ability to work independently. Mechanical ability to operate and maintain grain processing and farm supply equipment. Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job. Good eyesight and colour perception. Computer competent.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.