See More Jobs From GPAC
Location: - (Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Management Recruiters of Sioux Falls, LLP
Open Til: 27-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: 40K - 60K
Send This Job To A Friend
Agronomy Sales Rep
Need a highly motivated self starter to join our growing agriculture organization. You will be an Agronomy Sales Representative, working with farmers, ranchers, and producers. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time in the country working with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assists the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, Ag Business, Ag Ed, Ag engineering, Soil or Weed Science. (Related job experience may substitute for education.)
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours in-season
- Possess a good mathematical aptitude and be able to formulate fertilizer applications.
- Strong knowledge of agronomy and ability to provide cost effective services.
- Agronomy/seed experience, OR Scouting/intern experience, OR Plant worker experience, OR Agricultural background
- Experience spraying chemicals
My name is Daniel, please send a confidential resume to my email email@example.com to apply and I strive to work in a highly ethical manner. If you would like to discreetly hear about this opportunity, please give me a call at 605-978-5470 at your convenience.
Keywords: sales, ag, agriculture, agronomist, precision ag, agronomy, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, manager, location manager, district manager, DSM, manager, agribusiness, sales, NE, ND, MN, IA, SD, KS, territory, sales representative, territory sales rep, ag superintendent