See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Caldwell, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Food Processing
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Human Resources Manager 2 or 3–Food Group Caldwell Plant – Caldwell, ID
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available in our Caldwell Plant - Caldwell, ID.
Develops and directs implementation of plans and/or programs to insure the most effective utilization of human resources to support unit objectives. This must be accomplished within the frame work of the organization's overall corporate policies, plans, and programs. This plan typically does not have policy development but involves the administration of existing programs. Individuals in these positions receive support and direction from Group and Corporate HR functions.
- Develops, plans, and directs the implementation of the plan to ensure the various steps (recruiting, screening, interviewing, selecting, and orienting), within the employment process are carried out efficiently, timely and effectively for non-exempt positions. Implements the plan for exempt positions. Directs the implementation of the plan to ensure an adequately trained workforce. Implements and provides training.
- Implements safety and health plans to ensure regulatory compliance, a safe and healthy workforce, and low cost. Manages and administers union relationships, resolves disputes, resolves contract issues, and promotes and develops cooperation between union and management. Prepares for union contract negotiations. Manages negotiations process.
- Advises location's management of movements or trends of union activities, both internal and external.
- Develops, plans, and directs (and participates in) grievance resolutions, complaint investigations, problem analysis identification, and disciplinary actions, to ensure good employee relations. Provides consistent understanding and adherence to policies, guidelines, programs and philosophies
- Develops, communicates and enforces location specific guidelines, rules and procedures. Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations in the areas of EEO, AA, workers' comp, OSHA, unemployment benefits, etc
- Implements the total compensation program for hourly positions, to include wage surveys, job comparisons within and between classifications, pay at risk, and annual adjustments.
- Directs payroll administration. Provide for timely promotional job change increases, and advocate for job content pay grade changes.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with a degree in Business, Human Resources or related field of study is required. Five plus years related experience and/or training required.
- Thorough understanding of human resource area with specific experience in dealing with employment law, conflict resolution, recruitment and selection, discipline and termination, compensation and benefits, policy interpretation. This is an HR practitioner who has gained knowledge and experience either with a combination of college degree (HR-related degree preferred) and professional experience or demonstrated work experience in related field where skills and abilities have been gained to handle moderately complex issues.
- PHR, SPHR, or other HR-related certification is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of employees/managers at all levels within the organization; provide stand-up training as well as one-on-one or small group training/coaching.
- Excellent judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Proven employee relations and organizational coaching skills
- Able to coordinate multiple needs, priorities and customers and exhibit a variety of styles and methods to meet customer needs
- Able to independently resolve complex and sensitive problems and issues
- Operations experience and Labor relations background
- Proven ability to handle stressful and negative situations in a manner that creates positive resolution.
- Ability to exhibit strong initiative with the ability to work with minimal direction.
Just 45 minutes away from Boise, Caldwell offers a small community atmosphere, but large city amenities. Caldwell boasts great community events and recreational activities for river rafters, skiers, hot springs lovers, trail riders and hikers. For the wine lovers, there are over 10 wineries and vineyards to tour.
Internal Simplot Candidates:
- Please apply via Employee Space using your Simplot email address
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simpot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*