See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Nampa, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Food Processing
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Employee Service Representative–Food Group Nampa Plant – Nampa, ID
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available in Nampa Plant - Nampa, ID.
The HR Employee Services Representative plays a key role in supporting managers and supervisors on an assigned shift in the administration of the human resource programs, policies, and procedures such as risk management, employee relations, training coordination, grievance handling, discipline administration, employee orientation, crew scheduling, time and attendance administration, and maintaining confidential personnel records and systems. This facility is a 24/7 operation, and shift work is a requirement of this position.
- Ensures staffing, scheduling, and overtime for the assigned shift, coordinating with staffing agencies and the shift management team.
- Works with hourly payroll, labor coding, and reporting for accounting and data analysis, time and attendance, and associated discipline, training and vacation pay/scheduling processes in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintains effective employee relations by following and interpreting labor contract/handbook, supporting management in the administrative functions of their shift employees to resolve issues and conflicts.
- Ensures the administration of employee FMLA, STD and transitional return to work procedures and processes, which includes handling employee personnel records in an efficient, accurate and confidential manner.
- Ensures the timely and efficient processing of job bids, conducting Job Skill Evaluations and new employee orientations and coordinates with the Training Specialist to initiate job training.
- Conducts monthly plant floor safety audits and reporting, compliance to policies and procedures, supporting the safety specialist with risk management records and reporting.
- Ensures the safety and security of the facility by managing employee access according to the security program.
- An Associate's degree or equivalent and six + months of related experience.
- General HR knowledge. HR experience gained from working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Must have the flexibility to work on shifts.
Located just 30 minutes from Boise, Nampa offers excellent outdoor recreational activities and events such as watching a theatre production, exploring the area’s rich agricultural community, and world class rodeo action at the Snake River Stampede. With many great local vineyards to visit and tour, the amenities and friendly people will surely make you feel right “at home.”
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*