See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (San Diego, California, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Turf/Green
Career Type: Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The following Opportunity is NOW Available!!
Turf Operations Supervisor I/II – Partners: San Diego
Summary: The Turf Operations Supervisor works to optimize the output of the Simplot Partners location. This incumbent is responsible for the entire operation, purchasing, delivery, and warehouse function of that location. The Supervisor utilizes personnel, equipment and products in an efficient and productive manner while providing customer satisfaction through product availability, prompt delivery, and follow-up service.
- Supervises all purchase related functions to ensure appropriate receipt and record keeping of inventory, purchase to pay invoices related to product and operational purchases.
- Supervises all warehouse, delivery, and application-related functions to ensure product availability, prompt delivery, and service.
- Supervises and trains operations, application, delivery, and counter sales staff. Ensures safety procedures are communicated and followed. Ensures training is conducted as needed for specific equipment or as seasonal product changes occur. Provides leadership in coordination with marketing area to ensure efficient operations.
- Provides leadership, guidance, training, and performance evaluation for a specific group of employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required along with a minimum of three years related experience and/or training.
- Minimum of three years in a supervisory position required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance, training, and perform employee evaluations.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
Bringing Earth’s Resources to Life – The JR Simplot Company