See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Grand Island, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill. This position is part of Cargill's AgHorizons business unit.
Dedicated to helping farmers prosper, Cargill AgHorizons U.S. helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives, crop insurance, agronomic advice and crop inputs. Part of Cargill's global agricultural supply chain group, Cargill AgHorizons serves customers with a 1,500-member team at more than 100 grain elevators and service centers across the United States.
The Crop Inputs Farm Marketer is a specialist in the sales of crop inputs products and services that include, crop nutrition products, crop protection products, seed, seed traits and seed treatments, NextField System precision ag services and other related services. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with identified customers, and working face to face with grain producers on the farm. You will learn how to help farmers prosper and maximize their return by utilizing Cargill's full range of crop inputs products, services, and resources. Through your relationship with the producer and our expertise, you will help to solve customer problems and create new opportunities.
This position will be based out of a home office and support a territory surrounding Wood River, NE including Adam, Kearney, Buffalo, Hall, Howard and Sherman
- 15% - Fully understand and actively participate in the planning and execution of the Farm Service Group strategy, business plans, sales and marketing efforts - in particular, the process of defining and developing relationships with targeted customers and prospects.
- 40% - In partnership with Farm Marketers, the Sales Manager and other customer solution specialists, you will maintain contact with customers to understand their needs so that you can position Cargill crop inputs products and services in an effort to help them grow a better more profitable crop.
- 10% - Learn about producers cropping needs through detailed needs assessments, time on the farm evaluating producer's crops, and evaluation of yield and soil data.
- 15% - Constantly work to enhance sales skill, exhibit a strong customer-service focus and work to advance the technical understanding of crop inputs products and their benefits to the producer customer.
- 10% - Keep and use detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customers' problems and needs.
- 10% - Communicate producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants / needs / concerns to the appropriate people within the Farm Service Group and product lines
- 3 plus years sales experience within an agricultural environment
- Strong customer-service focus with the ability to develop long term relationships with growers based on technical knowledge and trust
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 4 year degree within an Agriculture field preferred
- Strong Agronomy and Precision Agronomy knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently