See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Charlotte, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates eight oil refineries, six shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
Customers include major food manufacturers and quick-service and casual-dining restaurant chains. Dressings Sauces & Oils is integrated with Cargill's soybean crushing activities, which provide a reliable source of crude soybean oil for further processing.
Position Overview and Principal Accountabilities:
The Refinery Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of operations in the refinery production area. This includes production, safety, environmental, costs, non-exempt production employees and quality
40% - Manage day-to-day operations, including supervision and development of direct reports.
30% - Review, monitor, and follow up on area results to ensure quality, food safety, and efficiency goals are met. Includes managing department costs and usages to remain within budget.
10% - Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
10% - Manages Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within production area.
10% - Oversees coordination of maintenance activities with respect to product planning.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering, Sciences degree preferred)
- 3+ years of production-related experience, including supervision, crew leadership or equivalent.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal functions (maintenance, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, auditors and customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop employee accountability and engagement.
- Proven performance and ability to apply Cargill's policies and procedures in the areas of safety, environment, health and food safety.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately set priorities.
- 3+ years Vegetable Oil Refinery experience
- 3+ years Supervisory experience
- Ability to manage capital crojects while still maintaining focus on day to day operations
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing product portfolio
- Experience wi