See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Memphis, Tennessee, South United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 05-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Corn Milling North America is a manufacturer of value-added corn and sugar based products serving the Food, Feed and Fermentation segments. From facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas, we provide a wide variety of products and services including high fructose corn syrup, corn syrups, dextrose syrups and sucrose that are used in an array of beverage, brewing, confectionery, food and pharmaceutical applications. We also produce a variety of innovative, dry corn ingredients that are used in cereals, snacks, breads, tortillas and animal feed applications. In addition, we produce fuel-grade ethanol and are a leading supplier of corn oil, acidulants, corn gluten meal and corn gluten feed products.
Provides technical knowledge, operations experience, and management skills at a first line supervisory level in the daily direction and efficient performance of the processing facility and related activities/functions on a daily basis to attain short and long term product line and facility objectives
Organizes, plans, and manages and germ process on a daily basis in terms of safety, product safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, time delivery, costs, housekeeping and environment.
- Supervises production employees and has full human resource management responsibilities including hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork.
- Develops and coaches employees through Cargill Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
- Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
- Oversees process and works with the production employees daily to drive optimization efforts.
- Coaches, trains and provides management support to employees to achieve their individual, product line and location goals.
- Ensures work team complies with Cargill, BU, and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in daily production meetings and drives employee ownership.
- Plans and monitors production shutdowns.
- Contributes to and monitors annual plan for department as well as balanced scorecard and standards and goals.
- Ensures work is performed according to specifications and standards.
- Uses lab analysis in making production adjustments and coordinates issues with the local quality management team.
- Works closely with plant PDG engineer in implementation,