See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (High River, Alberta, Western Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 19-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Contract
Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
Responsible for performing sales and clerical duties in the filling of orders and displaying of merchandise. Responsible for coordinating and dispatch of fuel drivers. The position also performs bookkeeping, general clerical and service duties. This role requires regular and ongoing direct contact with customers in the delivery of high quality farm supply and/or grain services.
- Receives customers, answers their questions regarding product availability and commodity/service prices, completes order forms for order given and receives payments for sales made.
- Ensures timely and accurate dispatching and scheduling of fuel deliveries.
- Completes deposit slips and makes bank deposits.
- Receives orders from operations staff and customers via telephone, completes order form and forwards it to operations staff for shipment.
- Monitors accounts receivable through the use of current and aged computer prints.
- Maintains office files covering transactions made at the facility, also maintains records of staff.
- Enters operations staff weekly reports into computer.
- Under the direction of the Manager, maintains a file of accounts payable and prepares same for payment.
- Under direction of the Manager, plans and sets up displays as required.
- Compiles and provides information on items such as stocks in store, product sales, prices, shipments and accounts outstanding as requested by the Manager.
- Prepares weekly stock reports.
- Performs inventory spot checks and assists in farm and/or grain supply cut-offs.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Opens and distributes incoming mail and packages, and directs outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Receives shipments of supplies, checks shipments for damaged articles, quality and quantity of merchandise received, and places goods in designated storage areas.
- Restocks shelves from stock room supplies and, upon approval of the Manager, orders stock which has reached a low level.
- Draws supplies from stock to fill mail orders and staff requisitions; packages and mails the shipment as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties as required.
- This will require cross-training in various market area functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Grade XII or recognized equivalent. Must be willing to enroll and work towards the completion of the Agri-Business Certificate Program, or academic equivalent. One (1) year of work experience in office clerical work. Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of word processing, database and spreadsheet software. Demonstrated customer service orientation. Proficiency in the use of a typewriter. Knowledge of standard office record-keeping procedures. Proven knowledge of grain and/or farm supply products/services and company credit policies Demonstrated ability to meet and deal effectively with the public. Demonstrated ability to produce neat and accurate work.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.