See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Fresno, California, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Production/Farming
Industry Type: Animal Health
Career Type: Veterinarian
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Embryology Lab Supervisor position available in the Fresno, CA area.
The Embryology Lab Supervisor will work at the bovine IVF laboratory located in the Fresno California area. The Supervisor will coordinate activities of other embryologists in the lab, and oversee the maturation, fertilization and culture of In-vitro produced embryos. In addition, this person will provide mentorship guidance and support to other laboratory personnel; coordinate activities with the Simplot Cattle Reproduction Facility in Emmett Idaho, analyze results, trouble shoot, and suggest changes that may lead to improvement in production.
- Coordinate and carryout the maturation, fertilization, culture and cryopreservation of In-vitro produced embryos.
- Provide IVF laboratory support, (all aspects of oocyte recovery and handling) training of technicians and embryologists, support, embryo transfer operation.
- Analyze results trouble shoot and suggest changes to protocol, (Production Base).
- This position requires a Master’s of Science degree (preference for a Ph.D.) and/or five or more years clinical experience in an IVF laboratory.
- Three or more years of experience supervising and training personnel.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work both unsupervised and with small groups are required.
- Preference will be given to individuals with large animal experience and those fully trained in IVF lab procedures with beef or dairy cattle; including embryo culture, cryopreservation of embryos, and all aspects of oocyte recovery and handling in the embryology laboratory.
To be considered for this position, register in Simplot's Career portal by clicking below and build your profile, and complete our online application process. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so please plan on at least 30 minutes when you apply. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
If you experience difficulty applying, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 877-878-7404. We greatly appreciate your interest