See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Hastings, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 29-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill. This position is part of Cargill's AgHorizons business unit.
Dedicated to helping farmers prosper, Cargill AgHorizons U.S. helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives, crop insurance, agronomic advice and crop inputs. Part of Cargill's global agricultural supply chain group, Cargill AgHorizons serves customers with a 1,500-member team at more than 100 grain elevators and service centers across the United States.
The Origination Merchant will be based out of our Carleton, NE facility, and will generate revenue by proactively buying grain from and selling solutions to farmers within the region. The Merchant will assist in the management and execution of regional scalp and FOB truck programs.
Grain origination and solution sales from and to Cargill customers. Grain origination from transactional and non-targeted customers (farmers and dealers) seasonal accounts and swing/opportunity accounts.
1) Buy grain for the Cargill locations (dealers, non-targeted and targeted transactional farmers)
2) Generate revenue by selling Cargill Solutions
3) Market grain into end users within the FSG outlined territory (feedlots, processors, ethanol plants, etc.)
4) Assist in and execute scalp programs within specified territories
Consistently apply policies, procedures and systems to include:
1) Contract management/Grain Buying Policy
2) Support/Help Manage On-Farm Pick-Up Program
3) Cargill margin management policies
- 1 or more years of Business to Business sales experience
- Proven Communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Proven ability to professionally manage customer relationships
- Proven ability for self motivation without supervision
- Proven high sales achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and functions, inside and outside of Cargill AgHorizons
- Ability to learn and understand grain futures, future spreads and basis relationships
- PC Skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Four year college degree
- Knowledge of production agriculture a plus but not required