See More Jobs From Land O'Lakes
Location: - (Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Land O' Lakes
Open Til: 22-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Communication
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Application Development Manager
Territory (if applicable):
Business Unit:Corporate encompasses the core operational support for all Land O'Lakes businesses. It includes Business Development Services, Corporate Market Strategy and Communications, Finance, Law, Human Resources, Information Technology and Public Affairs.
Position Purpose:Leads the application development activities for a group of developers. Acts as the focal point for assigning development resources and providing statuses of projects and tasks to the development team management. Assists the Application Development Senior Management in attracting, growing and retaining team talent. Actively and pro-actively advises subordinates on technical problems, priorities and methods. Develops plans and monitors resources to ensure all activities are accomplished. This role also has application and program support, development, testing and promotion to production responsibilities.
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience, which includes at least 2 years of experience in leading teams or projects.
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines, technologies and processes.
- 5 or more years of work experience in developing applications using Microsoft and Oracle technologies
- Previous supervisory experience to manage approximately 6-10 individuals, including ability to provide guidance and work direction to direct reports.
- Highly skilled at participating in and/or monitoring multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
- Ability to develop integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues.
- Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline(s) and often collaborates on strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services for that focused area.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:Leadership to IS developers: Assign work in a way that maximizes individual and team growth opportunities and ensures successful outcomes. Manage project and work queues. Provide project and task status reporting for the development team as needed. Ensure application systems are developed and modified using SDLC practice that complies with the department architectural standards and methodologies. Monitor performance and accountability of contractors and consultants. Actively coach and mentor staff in applications development, support, project management and change management practices. Appraise performance and administer salaries. Help attract, grow and retain the best talent.
Application Development: Promote development of applications that effectively balance system performance and ongoing application maintenance. Document all completed development and provide support documentation per the department standards. When appropriate, support and maintain existing applications and systems.
Preferred Experience & Education:Project Management Certification
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:Microsoft .Net Framework: knowledge of .Net Framework 2.0-4.0, C# and asp.net
Knowledge of Oracle WebCenter Content and Oracle Site Studio
Percentage of Travel:Less than 5%
Land O'Lakes, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement savings account, tuition reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and employee development opportunities. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O'Lakes,Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.