See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Boise, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Retail
Career Type: Director
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Following Opportunity is Now Available!
Senior Director Retail Sales–Food Group – Boise, ID
The Senior Director Retail Sales is responsible for giving overall direction and providing leadership toward the development and achievement of the J.R. Simplot Company Food Groups mission, strategies and annual goals in the retail channel. Requires close collaboration with senior executives and staff from Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, R&D/QA and Human Resources. Specifically, the position is accountable for the management of retail sales and marketing activities for the Food Group. The person in this role develops and implements ongoing strategic plans that optimize the long-term profitability of products and services in the retail market in a manner consistent with Food Group and company-wide objectives. The position is responsible for overall private label retail sales and marketing activities including market assessment, channel segmentation, marketing plans, sales strategies, sales processes, pricing direction, customer relationships, financial budgeting and control, planning, forecasting and total channel profitability. Recruits, leads, develops, and mentors sales and marketing staff, and is involved in supply chain strategies to ensure optimal placement of products in specific markets. This leader must stay abreast of the latest technological advancements relative to sales and marketing design, retail packaging, administration, reporting and planning systems. Responsibilities include the performance of the US retail private label potato business, private label meals/sandwich business as well as the custom packaging business sourcing from Simplot facilities, joint venture or subsidiary entities.
- Accountable for annual sales revenues and management of a staff consisting of sales, marketing and support employees. Involved in establishing strong relationships with key customers, and may be lead negotiator on critical contracts and financial commitments.
- Strategic planning/Business development and implementation. Requires strategic agility and ability to assess overall market dynamics and determine optimal channel opportunities including customers, competitive set, supply chain, people needs, structure, resources, product and service requirements and financial return. Periodically may participate as a member of the Food Leadership Team (FLT) to develop long-term strategic plans for the overall business.
- Provides market/industry knowledge and retail sales management expertise on new opportunities to maximize Simplot’s resources. Closely monitors and manages current business through a monthly forecasting cycle of volume, pricing, risks and opportunities.
- Partners with other business leaders to perform long range financial predictions/planning, budgeting and capital prioritization aimed at enhancing efficiencies and business success.
- Leads succession planning initiatives within the business unit to position the department for future business success.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. MBA a plus. Ten plus years work related experience and/or training.
- Must have deep knowledge of retail channel especially private label. Understanding of competitor strengths and weaknesses. Sales, sales management, and marketing experience is required. Extensive experience creating solutions to customer related challenges is required. Extensive sales/marketing, pricing, industry and customer knowledge required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, negotiation, strategic planning and problem
- solving skills required. Influencing (including influencing without authority) and talent/leadership
- development skills are necessary.
- 30% travel required as dictated by business needs.
Boise’s mild climate, good jobs, affordable housing and a safe, clean and vibrant downtown all add up to a great place to live.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*