See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Boise, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Food Processing
Career Type: Director
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Following Opportunity is Now Available!
Director of Supply Chain Co-Pack–Food Group Headquarters – Boise, ID
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available in Food Group Headquarters - Boise, ID.
The Director of Supply Chain Co-Pack is part of the executive team responsible for giving overall direction and providing leadership toward the development and achievement of the Emerging Business Groups mission, strategies and annual goals. This position is responsible for establishing, integrating, gaining synergies and optimization in all aspects of all North American Co-pack Partners. This includes taking the lead in identifying ways to expand the network with facilities needed to respond to the LT sales plan for alternative Supply Channels. This position also integrates the operational support necessary to provide product testing and operational data necessary to support the NPD projects for alternative Supply Channel Products. The Director position also ensures operational integration, including but not limited to coordinating NAFG deliverables regarding sourcing, engineering, capital, expense budgets, production planning, operational plans and production results. This position is a critical contributor to NAFG’s Portfolio strategies and plays an important role and responsibility for Co-Pack Products profitability decisions in cooperation with the respective Sales Director/Manager. This job has few (if any) direct reports but is responsible for leading through influence the entire co-packer network of operational partners. This position provides oversight to co-pack partners as well as integrating needed operational resources shared with the NAFG Core Potato Supply Chain and profit contribution of Purchasing, and Distribution to Core SKUs/Products. In addition, the Director provides reports, recommendation, and advice to NAFG Board Members who serve on the various Joint Ventures or Co-pack Boards.
- Co-Pack Supply Chain Development; Lead the strategic and tactical function of Co-Pack manufacturing for NAFG including planning, pricing, vendor relationships, and global infrastructure to support the needs of the organization, including:
- Leading and providing direction to the planning function and provide analysis and support to ongoing and new planning technology initiatives.
- Developing long-term supply plans and/or performs analysis of site capability to meet these long-term supply requirements to support supply chain initiatives.
- Working closely with the Sales team to monitor opportunities in strengthening the supply chain.
- Collaborate with the NAFG Innovation organization to ensure effective two-way communication of compliance and product development to achieve maximum customer loyalty.
- Co-Pack Vendor Management; Manage and direct product suppliers while effectively interfacing with other NAFG functions to ensure vendor compliance with customer, regulatory, food safety, and quality requirements; including:
- Driving a schedule adherence program, in conjunction with Planning and Operations that promotes efficiency and accuracy while focusing on safety and order/case fulfillment.
- Providing updated pricing assumptions and pricing model development that accounts for both the current business state and projected growth.
- Working with shipping to implement warehousing techniques focused on safety, efficiency, and order/case fulfillment
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Purchasing organization to ensure effective two-way communication of supply availability to achieve maximum customer loyalty. Supports the Procurement/Purchasing function in the daily supply chain management of finished goods required to meet market demands.
- Collaborate with the NAFG Quality Assurance organization to ensure effective two-way communication of compliance and product development to achieve maximum customer loyalty. Works with QA to expand and develop Co-packer QA summary reports and assessments for continuous improvement.
- Co-Pack Process Management
- Develops RFP’s for New Products/New Co-Packers.
- Negotiates contracts terms/pricing with Co-Packers/Suppliers.
- Actively participates in cross-functional New Product development teams as needed.
- Assist the VP Emerging Business regarding JV activities/projects.
- Encourage development and execution of strategic cost-saving ideas.
- Individual and Employee Support and Development
- Direct and complete other projects as required by the business and assigned by Management.
- Provide a positive influence for continued development of employees in the department including, but not limited to, training opportunities, feedback, succession plans, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage supply chain budget performance, including labor workforce assessment and control of daily expenditures to meet budget expectations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. 5-8 plus years related experience and/or training.
- Broad knowledge of emerging business characteristics and competitor patterns.
- Extensive experience creating solutions to customer related challenges is required.
- Some experience and knowledge of sales/marketing, pricing, industry and customer knowledge required.
- Operations experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, negotiation, strategic planning and problem solving skills required.
- Influencing (including influencing without authority) and talent/leadership development skills are necessary.
Boise’s mild climate, good jobs, affordable housing and a safe, clean and vibrant downtown all add up to a great place to live.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*