See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Springfield, Illinois, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 01-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I choose Opportunity. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 159,000 people in 68 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Regional Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and have processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Pork's commitment to providing the best, most wholesome pork products for our customers and consumers has been founded in industry-leading animal welfare and processing practices as well as innovation in our product and brand offerings. We are proud to partner and serve esteemed brands like Excel fresh meats, Good Nature pork, Sterling Silver premium meats, Rumba meats and Tender Choice pork for a multitude of commercial, retail and foodservice customers. Together as Cargill Pork, we create potential for customers and communities.
Cargill has an opportunity available for a 1st Shift Conversion Supervisor. This position is responsible for day-to-day management of operations. This includes production, safety, environmental, costs, non-exempt production employees and quality.
- 45% - Review, monitor and follow-up on area results. This includes managing department costs to remain within budget guidelines.
- 25% - Day-to-day supervision and development of department employees (coaching, etc.)
- 25% - Maintain customer relations by ensuring product quality specifications are met. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
- 5% - Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
- Four-year related college degree (engineering, sciences, etc.) or a minimum of 5 years of operations experience.
- Knowledge of products and processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a group of individuals
- Strong work history
- Good attendance
- Basic knowledge of OSHA, Food Safety, Cargill Safety, and Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated skills of team building, conflict resolution, innovation and change within the work force.
- Effective communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills at multiple levels of Cargill and customer organizations.