See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Tyler, Texas, South-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Bank of Texas
Open Til: 27-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Send This Job To A Friend
JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH AGRILAND FARM CREDIT
JOB TITLE: Accountant I
LOCATION: Tyler, TX
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field with at least 15 college credit hours in accounting, or equivalent experience in the accounting field. Requires zero (0) to two (2) years of professional experience in accounting.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Performs activities related to cash management, accounts payable, journal data entry, account reconciliation, wire transfers, financial reporting, and records retention. Performs entry-level professional accounting work that is basic in nature, works under moderate supervision.
- Performs activities related to the accounts payable function, including processing, posting and corrections. May train less-experienced accounting staff on the policies and procedures of the accounts payable function.
- Prepares reconciliation of association bank accounts, fixed assets, and other related reconciliation dependent accounts. Performs other analyses as directed; researches financial records to resolve problems; performs accounting journal entries; assists in preparing schedules and analyzes and drafts financial statements of fund activity.
- Performs activities related to the fixed asset system, including processing of fixed asset additions, deletions and transfers.
- Performs the preparation, settlement, and reporting of monthly and annual backup withholding for the association.
- Assists with the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements of the association.
- Processes travel and mileage reports, including the clearing of reconciliation accounts related to this activity. Responsible for the daily cash sweep process.
- Supports the efforts of the records retention function and assists with scanning and organization of documentation to be retained.
- Assists senior-level accounting staff as needed with providing assistance to association branch offices in the use and maintenance of the loan accounting system and related interfaces (i.e. PAID, lockbox, etc.).
- Initiates and/or approves wire transfers, provides for electronic retention of the transfers, and posts wire transfers received.
Frequent interaction with association departmental staff and management. Occasional interaction with Farm Credit Bank of Texas staff. Occasional interaction with area professionals including real estate agents, commercial bankers, and others who deal with the association in the normal course of business.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform basic to intermediate-level accounting/financial analyses under moderate supervision.
Responsibilities as outlined in no way state or imply to be the only duties for this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related instructions and perform any job-related duties requested by the supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Regular attendance is required in this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.