See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Farmer City, Illinois, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Monsanto Row Crop Division. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
We currently have openings for Seed Technician positions. Seed Technicians are involved in all facets of seed production within a location. This may include crop production, harvest, conditioning, maintenance, packaging, or warehousing. These positions will be located at our Farmer City site in Illinois.
Our Seed Technicians are key members of our team ensuring the highest quality product for our customers. Working at the front-end of our production, Seed Technicians are essential to the overall success of our company and the timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery.
In this position you will work closely with, and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Crop Production: planting, re-bag processed lots
- Harvest: receiving
- Conditioning: seed sizing, cleaning, and treatment application
- Packaging: packaging, labeling and tagging seed
- Warehousing: organizing, moving and placing seed into storage, maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing electronic inventory systems
- Distribution: stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers, receive seed from other warehouses
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas
Required Skills / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver#39;s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to do shift work seasonally
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and trouble shoot equipment)
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems / Basic computer skills
- College degree
- Prior agricultural experience