See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Fort Smith, Arkansas, South United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 02-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Human Resource Supervisor role will include involvement in training and development, recruitment, payroll oversight, engagement, HR reporting, employee relations, HR compliance and other projects as assigned. This position requires a high level of organization, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines. This position will be responsible for management of direct reports including performance management and development.
20% Responsible for investigations including open line complaints, internal investigations for both plant and Ag operations. Maintain investigation tracking system. Participate in unemployment claims.
20% Employee Relations: answer questions on policies, procedures and programs. Assist with attendance management program and initiatives.
15% Oversee payroll function including payroll compliance, wage and hour audits, KRONOS approver for HR, review of weekly payroll audits, and back up approver for pay inputs.
15% Supervision of direct reports.
10% Involved in the ongoing development and implementation of new policies, programs and initiatives.
5% Training and Development: develop and/or deliver training programs. Maintain training files and database.
5% Engagement: involvement in initiatives including employee round table program, recognition programs, engagement survey, communication tools, valuing differences, innovation committee and employee newsletter.
5%HR Reporting: produce, maintain and distribute HR information and statistics including turnover data, wage survey data, engagement survey data and wage & hour compliance data.
5% Recruitment and Retention: assist in the hiring process as needed.
The hours for this position are from 12:00pm-9:00pm Monday-Friday. Hours will vary and overtime will be required.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years experience in an HR related field (i.e. generalist, recruitment, employee relations).
- Periodic travel to off-site locations.
- Strong communication and people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, educate and empower others in a positive and productive team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Can do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to do a first rate job.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated track record in promoting an inclusive environment and seeking ways to integrate differences.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Human Resource Management
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Manufacturing experience
- PHR Certification
- 5+ years experience in an HR related field.
- Previous supervisor experience
- PeopleSoft knowledge
- KRONOS knowledge