See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Des Moines, Iowa, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 19-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill has an exciting opportunity for an HR Generalist in the Ottumwa, Iowa Pork facility. The successful candidate will work assigned projects in one or more areas of HR activities at location including: employment, employee/labor relations, safety, occupational benefits or training compliance activity including EEO. The purpose of this role is to develop knowledge and management acumen in preparation for a larger HR role. The incumbent should deepen HR expertise in employment, law, safety, occupational benefits, EEO, labor, etc. The incumbent should deepen his/her understanding of the business aspects of the meat industry.
Labor & Employee Relations - 50%
Conducts complaint & disciplinary investigations. Works with plant management to increase and ensure employee engagement.
HR Resource - 25%
Provides HR support to locations and managers. Ensure HR compliance through implementation of HR audit tools.
Performance Management - 10%
Administers the Performance Management (PMP) process through coaching, tracking, and providing tools/resources to managers and leadership.
Recruiting - 5%
Implements initiatives to attract select and retain qualified employees.
Other duties as assigned - 10%
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 or more years Human Resources or related experience
- Basic understanding of U.S. employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated performance in project management, follow up and logical thought and judgment
- Demonstrated willingness to challenge the status quo and promote change
- Demonstrated ability in Conflict Management resulting in positive outcomes
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas: compensation administration, performance management, employee engagement, valuing differences, recognition and employee development
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, to inform and recognize employees and managers at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated track record in promoting an inclusive environment and seeking ways to integrate differences
- Team orientation, collaborative working style
- Motivate for high performance and excellence
- Values and incorporates diversity
- Demonstrated track record in taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel approximately 5 %
- Computer proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Working knowledge of Access
- Experience in Union environment