See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 01-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Facility Manager is accountable for safe, efficient physical operations, outstanding customer service and ensuring that all Cargill standards are met at a crop inputs and grain Farm Service Centre.
50% - Coaching, development and leadership of a high performance location team. This includes recruiting, training, and directing employees through setting clear priorities. The Facility Manager is also responsible for performance management, creating an engaging work environment and employee relations.
25% - Champion the delivery of distinctive value, service, products and programs through leading the collaboration of operations, sales, agronomy, and administration as a customer focused team.
25% -Ensure flawless execution of Cargill best practices in operational management; meet all production targets, Environment, Health & Safety standards, and inventory management goals.
Location: This position will be based out of the Cargill location in Moose Jaw, SK. This position is part of the Qu'Appelle Valley Farm Service Group, which is a geographical area comprised of multiple Cargill locations.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an agricultural service business environment
- Ability to effectively lead a team of diverse employees with demonstrated leadership
- Previous experience leading or managing people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to manage compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada on a non-temporary basis
Find out what makes Cargill Canada's Top Employer for Young People http://www.eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.
- Related post-secondary education or training
- Knowledge of inventory control, quality management, operating efficiency and budget management
- Specialized knowledge of grain and crop input products and grain handling
- Mechanical aptitude