See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (USWM – Kekaha, Hawaii, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 20-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Research & Product Development
City: USWM - Kekaha
State/Province: Hawaii [HI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Equipment Mechanic
Job ID: 2711
Provide timely, safe, and cost effective repairs and preventive maintenance of farm and plant equipment.
Comply with all Syngenta and governmental Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) requirements, including OSHA, EPA, and SAMACO. Safely and reliably execute all maintenance operations in shop and field environments and properly document activities on work orders. Able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a wide variety of projects with minimal guidance and supervision. Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly safety and workflow meetings and provide feedback. Maintains work areas, shop tools and equipment, and vehicles in good order; maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned company property. Prioritizes work assignments to ensure specified goals are met on time and within cost goals. Other duties as directed by management.
Repair farm equipment and vehicles in field and shop environments; maintains work areas, shop tools and equipment, and other company property in good order. Properly document work performed on work order forms and keeps the Shop Manager informed of all issues. Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a wide variety of equipment with minimal guidance and supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: & Skills
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Skilled and experienced in the maintenance and repair of farm, plant and facilities equipment. Able to work as a positive team member. Able to work alone and as a team member with minimal supervision. Able to read/understand technical manual, schematics, and diagrams. Possesses multitask capability with excellent customer service orientation. Able to learn new skills and concepts with strong attention to detail. Able to work safely and participate in workflow and safety discussions. Able to meet cost and timeline goals safely and efficiently. Uses hand and a wide variety of power tools and fabrication equipment to service, repair, fabricate, and reconfigure equipment.
- Minimum of 2+ years related work experience in maintaining farm/plant equipment and/or vehicles.
- Gasoline, diesel and propane vehicle experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment, with good interpersonal and communications skills
- Positively motivates self and others and promotes teamwork; develops team members
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively communicate issues to supervisor and customers
- Focused on meeting customer needs in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
- Must have orientation toward customer service and safety
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Valid CDL Class A Driver's License and driving record within MVR policy guidelines.
- Fork Lift certificated preferred.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Able to work in hot, dusty , dirty, muddy, greasy conditions as well as office areas under time pressure
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Able to work in close contact with corn and soybean plant material
- Able to work overtime as required
- Work is performed in all weather conditions in office, shop and field environments alone and in teams