See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 10-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for safe operations, while providing high quality customer service at the Farm Service Center.
This position will be based out of the Cargill location in North Battleford, SK. This position is part of the Twin Rivers Farm Service Group (FSG), which is a geographical area comprised of multiple Cargill locations.
45% - Overall operations team participation for the site, providing mostly grain support as well as some crop input and sales support. As a key member of the Farm Service Center team, provide world-class service and support to our customers and sales force.
40% - Be a champion in decision-making and customer solution execution for customers. Support efficient grain operations as required, achieving productivity standards and inventory management goals.
15% - Administration and record keeping. Major tasks include environmental health and safety audit, monthly reporting requirements, monthly contract maintenance, IP operational requirements and custom application operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills serving our customers.
- Minimum 2 years inventory management experience.
- Understanding of customer solutions and crop input/grain marketing options and economics.
- Computer skills including MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge of operations standards.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada on a non-temporary basis.
Find out what makes Cargill Canada's Top Employer for Young People http://www.eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.
- Mechanical aptitude. (We can train specific mechanical applications.)
- Knowledge of the grain industry.
- Knowledge of chemical, fertilizer, and seed applications.
- At least 1 year experience in sales.
- Supervisory skills.
- Experience with safety and loss control policies.