See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Allentown, Pennsylvania, Mid-Atlantic United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I choose Opportunity. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Regional Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and has processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Case Ready, Hazleton has an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Supervisor. The Distribution Supervisor works a rotating shift 365 days a year including holidays, (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off). The primary duty of this position is to supervisor 10-15 employees, under GMP guidelines, in the shipment of processed meat to our various customers.
- 30% - Oversee day to day operation of the assigned area including work flow, management of work in process, job assignments, rotations, etc
- 20% - Ensure safety of workforce through delivery of monthly safety training topics and 5 minute daily meetings, department safety audits, and participation in incident reviews. Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Contribute safety suggestions for improvement
- 15% - Support positive employee relations in all aspects of interaction with employees including valuing differences, engagement action planning, and monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures which support these goals.
- 10% - Support positive employee relations in all aspects of interaction with employees including valuing differences, engagement action planning, and monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures which support these goals.
- 10% - Monitor product quality to meet customer specifications, ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices are effectively deployed in the area of responsibility
- 10% - Perform essential recordkeeping and timekeeping functions for department personnel using Kronos system. Monitor employee attendance and absenteeism, holding employees accountable as necessary.