See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Central Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 10-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Management / Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I Choose Opportunity.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
Reporting to the Farm Service Group Manager, the Agronomy Manager is accountable for leading the agronomy team within the Prairieland Farm Service Group (FSG) - a geographical region in Central Saskatchewan comprised of multiple Cargill locations. The agronomy team is primarily responsible for delivering a comprehensive portfolio of agronomic services, providing technical leadership on agronomic issues and providing support to the sales, operations and marketing staff. This is a position for individuals who are comfortable leading a team of people and developing programs to benefit farm customers.
Location: This position covers the Central Saskatchewan region and can be based out of any location within the region, including Saskatoon.
- Leading the regional agronomy staff
- Achieving budgeted income for agronomic services
- Managing a comprehensive portfolio of agronomic services
- Providing technical leadership on agronomic issues
- Providing support to the sales, operations and marketing staff
- Developing programs to benefit farm customers
Find out what makes Cargill one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People at eluta.ca/young-people-at-cargill.
- Degree in Agronomy or related discipline
- 5 years of field and industry experience
- Eligible for membership in the Provincial Institute of Agrologists
- Will be required to obtain CCA accreditation
- Strong technical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with current technical agronomy applications
- Ability to effectively lead a team of employees